How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 ROM On LG G4
The LG G4 was one of the finest phone with premium specifications released earlier in 2015, I am actually not a fan of LG smartphones but I can plainly pinpoint to you that there device are awesome. Ever since the Cyanogen Mod died, Lineage OS has been gaining the chart in custom ROM platform more rapidly. Thus they’re extending there supports in more of the well known spetacular devices. As usual the Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM running on the latest Android Nougat 7.1 update has arrived on the LG G4 smartphones via an UNOFFICIAL build and trust me, the ROM is as stable as ever.
Thus if perhaps you want to taste this ROM on your device, then you’re totally free to do so. The Lineage OS custom ROM brings a well known customization abilities and most of all, it’s smooth, stable and can be used as a daily driver. However flashing a custom ROM on your LG G4 requires you to have your bootloader unlocked and be rooted which may void your warranty. Also have a TWRP recovery installed. If perhaps you’re flashing this ROM for the first time or coming from another ROM, try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up. Also don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup.
Note: You are the only person doing changes to your phone and tech viola cannot be held responsible for any damages or mistakes you encounter while flashing this ROM.
- Perform a complete Nandroid backup for you may lose your data.
- Enable USB debugging. To do this navigate to Settings>>About Phone then tap build number 7 times. Go back and hit the Developer option then enable USB debugging.
- Battery Must be Charged above 50% before following the below procedure.
How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM on LG G4
- First download the unofficial Lineage OS firmware for the LG G4 smartphone. Also download the necessary Lineage OS Nougat Gapps. and place it on your device memory card.
- Next turn off your device. Wait while the shut down operation is completed and then enter into recovery mode on your LG G4 by pressing and holding the Power and Volume down button at the same time for a few moment.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache and Format the System partition. Now you’ve performed a complete wipe. As said earlier make sure you’ve taken a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
- Now navigate back to the main menu of the recovery mode and select “Install Zip From Sd Card” followed by “Choose Zip From Sd Card”. (I.e if you’re using the TWRP custom recovery).
- Next navigate to the unofficial Lineage OS firmware for the LG G4 you placed earlier on your SD card. The file should be in .Zip so locate and select it. Now confirm the installation from the next screen and the flashing process will begin.
- Once the installation is complete, follow the above steps all over again to flash the Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps package via TWRP custom recovery.
- Now once you’ve done the installation process as speculated, navigate back to the recovery main menu and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” option from the recovery menu .
Congratulation!! Your LG G4 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So please wait. Once the booting process is complete, complete the initial setup and simply check if you’ve the Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM installed on your LG G4! Thus Go to Settings > About Phone to verify.