how to set a different ringtones on you Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660
This just a simple tips on how to set a different ringtones on you Samsung Galaxy Gio. If you already downloaded your favorite MP3 songs on your PC and want to transfer it in your Galaxy and customize at as your personal message or alert tones, all you have to do is connect your Samsung Galaxy Gio to your computer or laptop via USB cable and then select “connection type” and get access to storage memory card.
Here’s how to connect Galaxy Gio into Mass Storage Mode Option:
– On Main Home Screen tap Menu > Settings > Application
– Enable USB Debugging
– Return to Home Screen
– Then plug the USB cable into your Galaxy S2
– Pull down status bar
– Press ‘ Connect USB Storage’ button
Alternative way without USB Debugging
– Go to Settings > Wireless & Network
– USB utilities and click the button >
– then plug in USB cable
Once you’ve establish a connection from you Galaxy Gio to your PC, just browse to your mass storage
then find the folder “Notifications”, if its not on there, create a new folder and simply renamed it “Notifications”.
>SDCARD/ MEDIA/ AUDIO/ NOTIFICATIONS
Then grab a copy music files you wanted from your computer and paste into that folder “Notifications”. Once finishes, disconnect your Galaxy Gio from the computer. Then you can set that music files as your message tone.
– Go to Message/Inbox icon located at the bottom of your Samsung Galaxy Gio screen
– In the Message/Inbox Settings simply choose the file that you’ve copied as your message ringtone
If you already have a music files stored on your Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660, do this steps below:
– Go to “My Files” then copy that mp3 music file you like to use as your messages ringtone.
( Just tap and hold that music file then you can choose either to copy or move that music file)
– Next, paste that music file in your media folder > SDCARD/ MEDIA/ AUDIO/ NOTIFICATIONS
– Go to Message/Inbox icon located at the bottom of your Samsung Galaxy Ace screen
– In the Message/Inbox Settings simply choose the music file that you’ve copied as your message ringtone
If you have a problem about the volume loudness, this sometimes happens that your custom ringtone volume is too low compared to the pre-installed ringtone on your Galaxy Gio which as much louder.
You can try using this program, MP3GAIN, to boost up maximized the volume of your mp3’s decibels.
Or this app from Android Market..Volume+ (Sound Boost)
currently using this app for my boosted up mp3s using MP3GAIN.
But works only on Gingerbread..